So I am signing- up for it again (which I am doing with this post now) and hope that it´ll be as much fun to do as the last was. The challenge will be hosted again by Lexxie at (un)Conventional Bookviews and Stormi at Books, Movies, Reviews! Oh My!
I am planning on reading books like I do every year so the next year won´t be any different from this current one.
But I fear that I won´t be able to go beyond the second level since I know that I won´t have quite as much time to read as I did during the past year. Though despite that, I still will be reading and reviewing.
There is only one thing I want to add (to avoid any misunderstandings). I handle this blog and my reviews in English, but the books I read are mostly German books, which means – for this challenge – that the German translation is published in 2017. And I will be reading some English books, too. And the ones I will use for this challenge are of course released in 2017.
With that cleared some rules about this challenge. Not working without them and so that you know what you´re signing-up for – in case you want to join the club *smile*
The 2017 New Release Challenge is a year-long challenge in which we aim to read books released in 2017. Lexxie at (un)Conventional Bookviews will host this challenge together with Stormi at Books, Movies, Reviews! Oh My!. There will be monthly update posts, and each quarter – the end of March, end of June, end of September and in December, there will be a giveaway with the update as well.
Lexxie and Stormi have also created a Facebook Group for the 2016 New Release Challenge, to have a place where we can keep up with each other, cheer each other on, ask questions, and get to know each other better. It is also a place where we can help each other to find even more new releases. That group works for the 2017 New Release Challenge too. So make sure to step in and have some fun along the way …
The rules for the 2017 New Release Challenge are simple:
- Books have to be released and reviewed in 2017.
- Other challenges can be used as well, if you are participating in the Netgalley / Edelweiß challenge or in the COYER challenge, books can count towards more than one challenge, as long as the ones you use for the 2017 New Release Challenge qualify to the other rules.
- The minimum length for a book to qualify is 100 pages, it can be in any format, though, physical, e-book, ARC or audiobook.
- The New Book Release Challenge is open from January 1st through December 31st 2017, and sign ups are open until February 15th 2017.
- You don´t have to be a blogger to participate, you can link to your review on Goodreads or Booklikes instead – so don´t be shy!
There are five levels in the New Release Challenge:
1. 1-30 books per year – New Release Newbie
2. 31-60 books per year – New Release Pro - my goal
3. 61-100 books per year – New Release Veteran
4. 101-200 books per year – New Release Enthusiast
5. 200+ books per year – New Release Obsessed
To sign up, please link your sign-up post in the linky on (un)Conventional Bookviews, and there you´ll find some more details too …